Airbnb recently released a report revealing the #1 most “wish-listed” Airbnb listing in each of the top 20 home sharing cities in Mississippi.
Airbnb’s “wish-list” function allows users to save the listings they most desire when planning trips, whether it be a beautiful kitchen, a peaceful backyard, or a charming neighborhood that catches their eye. The most wish-listed listings in Mississippi are among the most unique and special homes on Airbnb’s platform.
For this report, Airbnb tabulated and added up tens of thousands of wish-lists to establish which listing in each city was #1. The top 20 cities reflect a wide array of markets across the 5 geographic regions in Mississippi*, while the diversity of the #1 listings reflect what makes the state so authentic and unique.
Some of the most popular listings embody the kinetic energy of Mississippi’s urban centers, such as Rachel’s Secret Sanctuary in Fondren (#1 in Jackson). On the flip side, other top listings became popular by offering opportunities to get off the beaten path and experience the more tranquil, rural areas of Mississippi. These include Laura and Doug’s Cozy Lil Pond House for pondering (#1 in Meridian), which is meant to give visitors a peaceful experience in the company of nearby cows and roosters.
Mississippi’s prominent outdoorsy reputation appears to fuel the desirability of some Airbnb listings. For example, Rickey’s 4BR/5BA on Lake Washington (#1 in the Greenville area) includes kayaks for use by his guests.
The rankings indicate a desire of many Airbnb guests for direct interaction and engagement with their hosts. Libby’s The Sunflower Cottage on the River (#1 in Clarksdale) is next door to her primary residence, as is Scott’s “High Cotton” Guesthouse (#1 in Cleveland).
Over 1,500 Mississippians now share their homes via Airbnb, yet according to a 2018 Visit Mississippi report, Mississippi hotels continue to experience increases in occupancy and demand, with 900 hotel rooms currently under construction throughout the state. This parallel growth may be explained by the truly unique and unreplicable homes available on Airbnb, like Meagan and Jamie’s HISTORICAL LOFT (#1 in Brandon) — which once served as a Civil War-era hospital and eventually the old Brandon Jail before its renovation — and William’s Your Private Yacht! (#1 in Biloxi), where William and his teenage daughters host together to allow guests to spend the night literally on the water.
Finally, Grace and Christian’s Palm Cottage – Old Town, Beach! is not only the #1 most wish-listed home in Bay Saint Louis — it’s #1 in the entire state of Mississippi.
Throughout the duration of 2018, Airbnb and its Mississippi host community are committed to supporting and growing the Magnolia State’s tourism economy.
Permission is granted to utilize photos from these listings. The full list of cities and #1 wish-listed homes can be found in full below. **
Top wish-listed listings in Mississippi by region
Check out more wish-listed listings in Capitol/River:
- Brandon → HISTORICAL LOFT (hosted by Meagan and Jamie)
- Jackson → Secret Sanctuary in Fondren (hosted by Rachel)
- Natchez → Southern-style home, just a short walk to downtown (hosted by Joanna)
- Vicksburg → Contemporary Southern Artist Loft Rooftop Terrace (hosted by Chris)
Check out more wish-listed listings in Coastal:
- Bay Saint Louis → Palm Cottage – Old Town, Beach! (hosted by Grace and Christian)
- Biloxi → Your Private Yacht! (hosted by William & daughters)
- Gulfport → Relaxing Custom-Built Lake House (hosted by Kaitlyn)
- Hattiesburg → Lazy Leaf River Estate (hosted by Harry)
- Laurel → 2 Bedroom Central Avenue Overlook Suite (hosted by Joseph)
- Ocean Springs → Ugly Green House Bed&Beer (hosted by Jessie)
- Pass Christian → Studio by the Beach (hosted by Barbara)
Check out more wish-listed listings in the Delta:
- Clarksdale → The Sunflower Cottage on the River (hosted by Libby)
- Cleveland → The Honnoll’s “High Cotton” Guesthouse (hosted by Scott)
- Greenville → 4BR/5BA on Lake Washington (hosted by Rickey)
Check out more wish-listed listings in the Hills:
- Oxford → Cozy Cabin Near Square and Faulkner (hosted by Marian and Claiborne)
- Southaven → Family Friendly Home in Quiet Cove (hosted by Todd and Rae)
- Tupelo → Home away from home (hosted by Melanie)
Check out more wish-listed listings in the Pines:
- Columbus → Amy’s Cozy Place at The Truelove End (hosted by Amy)
- Meridian → Cozy Lil Pond House for pondering (hosted by Laura and Doug)
- Starkville → Cozy Cabin Get-a-way (hosted by Bethany)
* Geographies per Visit Mississippi
** All homes referenced are intended purely to inspire and illustrate. Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific home listings or any other homes on the Airbnb platform.