Starting today, Airbnb’s Brian Chesky will begin a two-week trip to meet with members of the Airbnb community in six cities around the world. On the first day of the trip, Brian met with a group of hosts in Airbnb’s San Francisco headquarters. In his remarks, Brian:
- Pledged to help hosts create 1,000 Host Clubs in communities worldwide by the end of 2018. Globally, 114 Clubs are operating today.
- Announced the expansion of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Council, a formal organization that will provide host feedback directly to Airbnb leaders.
- Committed to a series of engagements with our host community, including quarterly live chats with hosts from around the world.
- Announced that he is changing his title to “CEO and Head of Community.”
- Pledged to invite hosts to a portion of one board meeting a year to make sure they have a seat at the table.
See Brian’s remarks here, and check back soon to watch more video coverage of Brian’s six-city tour.
Celebrating our Community | Airbnb
Remarks from Airbnb’s Co-founder, CEO & Head of Community, Brian Chesky at a community event in San Francisco