Airbnb’s Black employee resource group, known as [email protected], has collected some of the most celebrated Black-owned, operated, and managed businesses from our San Francisco and Oakland host community to proudly feature in the Black Weekender’s Guide: Bay Area Edition.
By sharing these local cafés, restaurants, and shops, our goal is to help visitors and locals alike experience the areas beyond the tourist hotspots.
In a region with as much history and culture as the Bay Area, the Black Weekender’s Guide provides just a snapshot of some of the businesses to start exploring. We hope you use this guide to discover (or rediscover) the inspiring and broad spectrum of Black-owned businesses across San Francisco and Oakland.
Special thanks to the following Black businesses for being a part of the Black Weekender’s Guide and Airbnb’s Buy Black Market hosted by [email protected] on Tuesday, February 26:
- Devynn Barnes Art | Visual art
- Beija-Flor Naturals | Body & skincare
- Goddess Butter | Body & skincare
- Urembo Asili | Body & skincare
- Ashay By The Bay | Children’s bookstore
- Fingersnaps Media Arts (DJ Lamont) | Airbnb Experience host
- RJR | E-commerce, hats
- Taylor Jay | E-commerce, apparel
- Ade Dream | E-commerce, apparel
- Unoeth | E-commerce, handbags
- Peaches Patties | Food, Jamaican cuisine
- Jena Pruitt/Street Salad Co Postcards | Airbnb Experience host
- Dorian Webb Jewelry | Jewelry
- Candid Art | Jewelry
- Hella Tea | Food, loose leaf teas
- Esscents of Flowers | Florist
- Beastmode Store | Retail, apparel
- Big Chop Accessories | Retail, apparel
- Anasa Yoga | Wellness, yoga