Airbnb recently released a report revealing the #1 most “wish-listed” Airbnb listings for each of Florida’s 67 counties.
Airbnb’s “wish-list” function allows users to save the listings they most desire when planning trips, whether it be a beautiful kitchen, a peaceful backyard, or a charming neighborhood that catches their eye. The most wish-listed listings in Florida are among the most unique and special homes on Airbnb’s platform.
For this report, Airbnb tabulated and added up hundreds of thousands of wish-lists to establish which listing in each county was #1.
Some of the most popular listings embody the kinetic energy of Florida’s urban centers, such as Jason’s Captains Quarters (#1 in Duval County), as well as Tom and Gordy’s LAKEFRONT STUDIO APARTMENT (#1 in Orange County).
On the flip side, other top listings gained popularity by offering opportunities to get off the beaten path and experience the more tranquil, rural areas of Florida. These include Crystal’s HORSESHOE BEACH HOME (#1 in Dixie County) — which is located in a town with a population of 169 and adjacent to 50 acres of cow pasture — as well as Leigh’s Rock Bluff Guest Suite (#1 in Liberty County), which provides refuge for nature enthusiasts.
Florida’s prominent agriculture industries appear to fuel the desirability of some Airbnb listings. For example, Jennifer’s Home Field Advantage Farmstead (#1 in Madison County), Maureen’s The Tofu House at Tumble Farm (#1 in Union County), Christine’s Country cottage (#1 in Marion County) and Tracy’s Cottage (#1 in Gilchrist County) are all located on working farms.
The #1 listings vary widely in size and scope. They range from Andrew’s Ever After Estate (#1 in the Lake County) — which sits on a 62 acre estate — to Anna’s 7 by 18 ft Lakeside TINYHOUSE! (#1 in Polk County).
The rankings indicate a desire of many Airbnb guests for direct interaction and engagement with their hosts. For example, both Jennifer’s Woodlands Guesthouse (#1 in Leon County) and Clint/Syd’s Sanctuary of Light (#1 in Escambia County) are guesthouses adjacent to their primary residences, while Robert offers to guide his guests throughout Northwest Florida as part of his Private rooms, full private bath on river (#1 in Wakulla County). Jim’s Jungle Riverfront paradise (#1 in Hendry County) is the first floor of his home, and he even invites his guests to join his church congregation for Sunday services.
The appeal of some #1 listings stem from a spirit of philanthropy. For example, Jorge and his wife dedicate Airbnb income from their Vivir’s Cabin (#1 in Hardee County) to fund a center to care for abused and abandoned animals.
Over 40,000 Floridians now share their homes or vacation rental via Airbnb, yet statewide data indicates that the vacation rental community is complementing — rather than competing with — the Florida hotel industry. Florida hotels continue to experience strong growth in occupancy rates, prices and revenue — in parallel with vacation rental growth. This suggests that vacation rentals on Airbnb and other platforms are opening up the state to a new demographic of tourists by catering to travelers who are less able to afford hotels, those who desire to stay in neighborhoods or cities that lack hotels, and families who prefer to vacation together under one roof. This parallel growth may be explained by the truly unique and unreplicable homes available on Airbnb, like Danville (#1 in Seminole County), where hosts Dan and Deborah single-handedly built a mancave out of an airplane hanger, in addition to a yurt, treehouse, and pub.
Though in some cases, there’s crossover with the boutique hotel and professional hospitality industry. The Homeguard Suite (#1 in Jackson County) doubles as a proper bed-and-breakfast, while Pat’s 1885 J. M. Henry Mansion (#1 in Jefferson County) is a historic home that often hosts weddings and reunions.
Finally, Paola’s Cozy and charming cottage is not only the #1 most wish-listed home in Miami-Dade County — it’s #1 in Florida and one of the top 20 most wish-listed in the entire United States.
Permission is granted to utilize photos from these listings. The full list of counties and #1 wish-listed homes can be found in full below.
Top wish-listed listings in Florida by region
Check out more wish-listed listings in Central Florida:
- Hardee: A Vivir’s Cabin (hosted by Jorge)
- Highlands: Lake Josephine Guest House (hosted by Sharon)
- Lake: The Ever After Estate (hosted by Andrew)
- Marion: Country cottage on race horse farm (hosted by Christine)
- Orange: LAKEFRONT STUDIO APARTMENT (hosted by Tom and Gordy)
- Osceola: Clean, Comfortable, and Spacious! (hosted by Mike)
- Polk: Lakeside TINYHOUSE! (hosted by Anna)
- Seminole: Danville (hosted by Dan and Deborah)
- Sumter: Lake Panasoffkee Home (hosted by Dustin)
Central East Florida
Check out more wish-listed listings in Central East Florida:
- Brevard: Relax at Cottage & walk to beach! (hosted by Barry)
- Indian River: Split-Plan Pool & Wheelchair Access (hosted by Keith and Susan)
- Okeechobee: Okeechobee Log Cabin (hosted by Lewis)
- St. Lucie: The Butler’s Quarters (hosted by Kevin and Heather)
- Volusia: Charming Studio Cottage (hosted by Ruth)
Central West Florida
Check out more wish-listed listings in Central West Florida:
- Citrus: Treehouse, Old Homosassa / On River (hosted by River Ventures team)
- DeSoto: Peace River House (hosted by Carol)**
- Hernando: Mermaids and Fishermen (hosted by Deirdre)
- Hillsborough: Charming Private Guest House (hosted by Zach)
- Manatee: Hidden Paradise (hosted by Jim)
- Pasco: Canal Efficiency on Gulf of Mexico (hosted by Linda)
- Pinellas: Cozy private suite (hosted by Florence)
- Sarasota: Tropical Escape (hosted by Michael)
North Central Florida
Check out more wish-listed listings in North Central Florida:
- Alachua: Cute shipping container tiny house (hosted by Jessica)
- Bradford: Permaculture homestead Finca Mycol (hosted by Michael)
- Columbia: Studio loft/ kitchenette/porch/bath (hosted by Dianne)
- Dixie: RURAL HORSESHOE BEACH HOME, COZY, RUSTIC (hosted by Crystal)
- Gadsden: Camellia Cottage Circa 1940 (hosted by Mike)
- Gilchrist: Cottage on Family Farm (hosted by Tracey)
- Hamilton: Rocking H Ranch (hosted by Elizabeth)
- Jefferson: 1885 J. M. Henry Mansion (hosted by Pat)
- Lafayette: Summer on the Suwanee (hosted by Dorothy)
- Leon: Woodlands Guesthouse (hosted by Jennifer)
- Levy: In Waterfront Home (hosted by Robin)
- Madison: Home Field Advantage Farmstead (hosted by Jennifer)
- Suwanee: Cabin with access to Ichetucknee/Santa Fe Rivers (hosted by Debbie)
- Taylor: Great fishing, book scalloping season 2018 now! (hosted by Martie)
- Union: The Tofu House at Tumble Farm (hosted by Maureen)
- Wakulla: Private rooms, full private bath on river (hosted by Robert and Laura)
Check out more wish-listed listings in Northeast Florida:
- Baker: Secluded Quiet Country Retreat (hosted by Rita)
- Clay: Graceful Southern Guesthouse + Outdoor Living Area (hosted by Frank and Lori)
- Duval : The Captains Quarters (hosted by Captain Jason)
- Flagler: The Cinnamon Beach Beauty (hosted by Jeffrey)
- Nassau: Cabin Getaway on St. Mary’s River (hosted by Bishop)
- Putnam: Escape to Satsuma Florida (hosted by Alain)
- Saint John’s: Cute Tropical Cottage (hosted by Stefanie)
Northwest Florida / Panhandle
Check out more wish-listed listings in Northwest Florida / Panhandle:
- Bay: Sea’s The Dream at Southwind Condo (hosted by Caitlynn)
- Calhoun: The Farm House (hosted by Frances)
- Escambia: Sanctuary of Light (hosted by Clint and Syd)
- Franklin: Apalachicola retreat in Paradise (hosted by Marisa)
- Gulf: Lazy Pelican at Indian Pass (hosted by Dee)
- Holmes: Artist Cottage (hosted by Suzanne)***
- Jackson: Homeguard Suite at The Hinson House B&B (hosted by Hinson B&B)
- Liberty: Rock Bluff Guest Suite (hosted by Leigh)
- Okaloosa: Great Modern Condo in the Heart of Destin!! (hosted by Mark)
- Santa Rosa: Beautiful Tranquil Home Near Beach (hosted by Brenda)
- Walton: Precious “Itty Bitty” Guest Cottage (hosted by Johnny and Debbie)
- Washington: Sister River Retreat’s Cypress Cottage (hosted by David)****
Check out more wish-listed listings in Southeast Florida:
- Broward: Peaceful Studio in Fort Lauderdale (hosted by Lorraine and Greg)
- Martin: MAGICAL ARTIST’S RETREAT TINY HOUSE (hosted by Rob)
- Miami-Dade: Cozy and charming cottage (hosted by Paola)
- Monroe: TreeTops (hosted by Joyce and Leslie)
- Palm Beach: Tropical Cabana with Pool in West Palm Beach (hosted by Chris)
Check out more wish-listed listings in Southwest Florida:
- Charlotte: Resort Home – completely furnished (hosted by Bobby)
- Collier: Cottage Blue (hosted by Tiffany)
- Glades: Cozy, comfortable fish camp (hosted by Jim)
- Lee: Botanical Garden Home (hosted by Daniel)
- Hendry: Jan’s Jungle Riverfront paradise (hosted by Jim)
See more on Airbnb in Florida here.
*All homes referenced are intended purely to inspire and illustrate. Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific home listings or any other homes on the Airbnb platform.
**This home is temporarily delisted as the host is taking a few months to travel abroad
***This home is right on the Holmes/Walton border
****This home is in Vernon but right on the Washington/Walton border