New Orleans now requires anyone with a property listed as a short-term rental on a platform like Airbnb must register for a license with the city. We’ve partnered with the City to help simplify the process for Airbnb hosts.
By registering, you are showing the world the power of our community’s collective voice when we advocate for and achieve common-sense regulations.
Register on our platform in 3 easy steps
- From your listing page, click “City Registration” in the left-hand sidebar.
- Once you’re on the “City Registration” page, you can either complete a new registration or enter in an existing license number. Have more than one listing? Be sure to register each of them.
- Within 1-2 weeks, the City of New Orleans will send a link containing a few additional questions and instructions on how to pay for the license.
Don’t forget to register before May 31. If you have not submitted your registration by May 31, your listing will be de-listed.
Questions? Check these helpful links:
- Airbnb: New Orleans Home Sharing Registration FAQ
- City of New Orleans: Short Term Rental Administration page
You can also contact our team with specific questions.